Thursday 14 June 2012

What are we eating this week - 11 to 17 Jun

Late on parade once again this week, and no excuses for it this time! This week it was really hot, with temperatures over 30 degrees Celsius all week! So as you can guess, dinners were mostly light so far.

On Monday we had a  curried chicken tortilla wrap with yoghurt and mango chutney and a side salad.

Last week in Lidl we bought some speck and brie filled gnocchi and a bunch of green asparagus. So on Tuesday we had an asparagus and gnocchi bake. I used up some leftover pancetta in the bake as well. The bake turned out really good. Now I just need to make up my mind about what to do with the leftover stems!

Yesterday afternoon I couldn't stop watching Dines, Drive-Ins and Dives. After numerous episodes, I quite fancied some 'junk'. K was supposed to have a business dinner, but this was postponed for today. So we ended up having burgers in crusty sourdough panini and a side salad.

Today and tomorrow I'll be having dinner by myself. Pre-M, this would have been my chance to have a go at something K does not like. However now, with a bouncy almost 19-month old daughter, my choice is limited to quick dinners that require minimal preparation and that cook in no time at all. So I'm afraid I can't commit myself to anything right now.

On Saturday, I'll  be stuffing an aubergine for lunch and most probably we'll either go out for dinner or have a BBQ.




On Sunday, for Fathers' Day, we have parents, in-laws, sisters and partners coming over for lunch. We'll be having Angus burgers for mains (dad, who's a pescatarian, will be having fish skewers) with Mesa grills southwestern potato salad, Creamy cole-slaw and an array of dips and dippers.

No comments:

Post a Comment